There are several things to consider before you begin to install a laminate floor. Careful preparation before beginning will make installing your laminate floor a quick and easy process.
- Ensure that your subfloor is flat, dry, and smooth.
- Always use underlayment under your laminate floor for subfloor uneven adaptation.
- Laminate flooring and underlayment/vapor barrier can be installed over concrete, wood flooring, vinyl tile, linoleum, tile, or virtually any other hard, flat surface.
- Take extra care when installing laminate flooring over radiant heating. Ensure that you read both the laminate flooring and radiant heat system instructions carefully before beginning.
- Read your laminate flooring manufacturer’s installation instructions carefully.
- Allow you laminate flooring to acclimatize to the room where it will be installed for as long as possible (min. 48 hours)
- Inspect each laminate flooring panel carefully for defects or damage before installing it.
Laminate flooring boards must be acclimatized for 48 hours in the room where they will be installed. Installation should take place at room temperature of at least 65°F (15°C). A floor surface temperature of 59°F and an overall room temperature of 64°F must be ensured before, during and three days after the installation.
Please login first to submit.